It’s time to break out the King Cake Crack Candy for Mardi Gras! With all the colors and flavors of a King Cake, this festive and easy candy is the sweet treat everyone will be reaching for. First, there’s white chocolate and cinnamon. Then there’s a crunch and a little saltiness to counteract the sweetness. So, whip up a giant batch for your Mardi Gras celebrations!
♦ 40-42 saltine crackers
♦ 1 cup unsalted butter
♦ 1 cup brown sugar packed
♦ 1/2 tsp cinnamon
♦ 1 tsp vanilla extract
♦ 12 oz white chocolate chips
+ more for drizzling Green decorative sugar
♦ Yellow decorative sugar
♦ Purple decorative sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a rimmed cookie sheet with parchment paper. Lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Place saltine crackers side by side on the parchment paper. Set aside.
- Combine butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Boil for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Pour the mixture evenly over the crackers. Use a greased spatula to spread over the crackers as needed.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Top with 12 oz white chocolate chips. Let rest for 5 minutes. Use a spoon to spread the melted white chocolate evenly over the crackers.
- Decorate the top with green, yellow and purple decorative sugars. Drizzle with additional white chocolate as desired. Cool in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Break into pieces, removing from the paper. Store in the refrigerator in a ziplock bag or airtight container.