These fun and festive cake pops are perfect for St. Patrick’s Day! And to those of us who aren’t even a teeny tiny bit Irish, we can still en joy making these easy but delicious treats. You get to choose your favorite box cake brand and, after it’s baked, crumble the whole thing to get started.
̗ ¼ white cake (such as a box cake), cooked ̗ 2 TBSP cream cheese frosting, soft
̗ 8 oz candy melts, green
̗ 8 oz candy melts, white
̗ 10-count, 6–inch cookie sticks
̗ Green and white sprinkles
- In a large bowl, crumble your cake. 2. Add in your cream cheese frosting. Mix well with a hand mixer, spoon, or stand mixer. 3. Divide your cake into 10 sections. With the palm of your hand, round out each portion into a ball shape.
- Place your cake pops on a sheet pan or plate and place them in the freezer for 15 minutes. 5. While your cake pops are in the freezer, place green candy melts in a medium-sized bowl or coffee mug. Microwave for 30-second intervals until completely melted. Repeat separately with white candy melts.
- Remove the cake pops from the freezer. 7. Place your cookie stick in the candy melt, then the cake pop. Then add your cake pop to the candy melts. Coat the pop completely with the melt. On the side of the bowl, tap it gently with the stick removing any excess chocolate from the cake pop to create a smooth finish.
- Place the cake pop on parchment paper or a silicone mat. Immediately add your sprinkles before the chocolate dries.
- Continue steps 6 – 8 until each cake pop is complete.
- Happy St. Patrick’s Day! Enjoy!