BEAR CREEK SMOKEHOUSE – 80TH ANNIVERSARY BASH
Nestled in the heart of the picturesque East Texas Piney Woods, along State Highway 154, is the iconic Bear Creek Smokehouse. Founded in 1943 by Hick and Nellie Shoults, who started smoking turkeys on their family farm to generate income, the humble smokehouse has evolved into a national sensation spanning four generations and 80 years. At Bear Creek, the secret to their success lies in their unwavering family tradition of hard work and passion for culinary excellence. The Shoults family lives by the mantra of “Food, Family, and Faith,” which is reflected in every aspect of their operation.
Bear Creek Smokehouse is dedicated to providing customers with top-quality smoked meats and exceptional service. The company is committed to expanding its product offerings and continuing to innovate to stay ahead of the competition. The recipes used by Bear Creek Smokehouse have been passed down through generations, with the present generation adding some new recipes. Over the years, the company has expanded its product line to include smoked meats, cheeses, sausages, and charcuterie. Bear Creek’s menu features a range of smoked meats that are cured with a layer of pepper and smoked using distinct types of wood. The meats are smoked to perfection, resulting in a unique and delicious taste that customers simply can’t resist.
- The festivities will begin on Thursday, October 26th at the beautiful Bear Creek Smokehouse, which is nestled on a sprawling 1500-acre property they refer to as “Bear Bottom.”
- Satisfy your taste buds with delicious culinary offerings and enjoy the interactive carnival atmosphere. Don’t forget to meet the animal residents of the property, including Bullseye and J Packley the longhorns, Burrita the miniature donkey, Reba the mini horse, and Vincent Van Goat.
- Prepare to be amazed by the awe-inspiring entertainment provided by local schools’ bands, color guards, and cheer teams. You’ll also have the chance to enjoy live music from some of our area’s most popular musicians.
- On Saturday, the event will culminate in the highly anticipated “All Things Pumpkin” Fall Festival. Indulge your love for everything pumpkin and soak in the seasonal spirit.
- The event will close with a dazzling fireworks display that promises to be a spectacular celebration of light and color.
Mark your calendars and join in the fun at the 80th Anniversary Bash! While you’re at the festival, be sure to take a seat on the front porch and enjoy the stunning views of the rolling hills and livestock. It is the perfect place to spend a relaxing day with family and friends in the peaceful countryside. Come and discover all the amazing things this hidden gem has to offer! At Bear Creek Smokehouse, they are thrilled to celebrate this milestone with the community and customers. This is an event you won’t want to miss!
“Come ready to have a good time and bring your family. It’s going to be an incredible three-day event and we promise you won’t leave hungry!” – Robbie Shoults