10 Events in SB That'll Make You Say 'I Love You'
Whether single and ready to mingle or engaged, married or partnered, Valentine’s Day will be here next week. Maybe you’re more of a chocolates kind of person, or a simple love note will suffice. Flowers? Always a win. If you want to go big, though, go big — but our advice is to keep it local. Here are 10 events happening on Valentine’s Day (Thursday, Feb. 14) in Shreveport/Bossier City you can check out:
- Love Jones Open Mic. 7-10 pm, mincine?, 846 Texas Ave., Shreveport. Featuring Rage Almighty and Gabbi E. Come dressed your best and enjoy a romantic night of poetry, music, art and more. Express your love by signing up for the open mic. Tickets are $10-$60.
- With Love from the Mercantile. 10 am-6 pm, C&C Mercantile & Lighting, 2430 Line Ave., Shreveport. Featuring local products and gifts by Meghan Awalt Floral Design, Sweet Tee Shreveport, artist Paige Powell, Ben’s Body Basics, Sweetport, Art by Lauren Ross and Lyons Pride Coffee.
- Cirque du Soleil: Corteo. 7:30 pm, CenturyLink Center, 2000 CenturyLink Center Drive, Bossier City. Featuring the newest show from Cirque du Soleil. Tickets are $49-$130.
- Valentine’s Day Dinner. 6-9 pm, Shreveport Aquarium, 601 Clyde Fant Memorial Parkway, Shreveport. Featuring a tour of the aquarium with champagne hand followed by a 4-course gourmet meal and dancing. Tickets are $75 per person.
- Date Night of Doom. 7:30 pm, STEM Events & Lunch, 1513 Line Ave. Suite 115, Shreveport. June Cleavage returns as host for an all new dating show at STEM. Watch three couples compete in date offs and try to win the grand prize as cutest couple. The evening will feature a special dinner menu. Tickets are $15 per person.
- Funny As Ish Comedy Tour. 8 pm, Shreveport Municipal Auditorium, 705 Elvis Presley Blvd., Shreveport. Featuring Mike Epps, Sommore, Tommy Davidson and Earthquake. Tickets are $52-$94.
- Artispy Seductive Paint. 6:30-8:30 pm, Artispy, 450 Clyde Fant Memorial Parkway Suite 600, Shreveport. This couples session will featuring one canvas for both partners. Tickets are $50 per couple.
- Love & Laughter. 6-10 pm, artspace, 708 Texas St., Shreveport. Connect with other local singles for a fun night of speed dating and entertainment. Food provided by Parish Taceaux. LGBTQ inclusive. Tickets are $25.
- Valentine’s Dinner at Glenwood. 4-9 pm, Glenwood Tea Room, 3310 Line Ave., Shreveport. Enjoy a special dinner by reservation including live music by the Craig Powers Duo. Price is $75 per person.
- Valentine’s Day 2 for 1 Wine Tasting. 1-7 pm, On Cloud Winery, 6936 Buncombe Road, Shreveport. Tickets are $10 and covers two tastings.