5 Questions with the Benton Native
Shreveport-Bossier City rejoice, our “American Idol” has made it into the Top 24.
Garrett Jacobs, 18, of Benton, advanced on Monday night’s episode of the hit ABC reality series American Idol. Garrett went up against fellow Louisiana contender Laine Hardy, ultimately beating the 17-year-old high school senior during the “Final Judgement” episode.
We were fortunate to chat with Garrett prior to the show and asked him five fun questions we’re sure his fans are dying to know:
- What do you love to turn up in the car with your friends? Anything Chris Stapleton.
- Who is your celebrity crush? Lauren Daigle.
- As far as celebrity judges go, who were you most excited to meet? Lionel Richie. He’s been in the industry longer than I’ve been alive. To have the opportunity to sing in front of him was mind blowing.
- What’s your favorite place to eat in SB? When it’s crawfish season, anywhere. I also really like sushi. Sushiko is my go-to.
- Do you have any pets? I have three dogs: a black lab, a jack russell-beagle mix and my grandma’s dog, a shitzu named Simba.
You can read more about Garrett Jacobs here.