Before the little ones tear into their Christmas presents, wake them up with this warm and filling ham and cheese breakfast bake. You can even prepare this dish the night before and simply pop it in the oven in the morning. Happy Holidays!
- 10 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves,
plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups cubed French
bread or baguette
- 1/2 pound ham, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups shredded white Cheddar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, Dijon, thyme, garlic powder and onion powder and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Grease a large baking dish. Add bread and top with ham and cheddar. Pour over egg mixture.
- Bake until eggs are cooked through and ham golden, about 45 to 55 minutes.
- Garnish with more thyme and serve.