Valentine’s Day is one week away.
For some, it’s all about gift giving. Others try to avoid the day all together. Whether you’re single, a couple or married, Valentine’s Day isn’t always the best day of the year. Between gushing couples and stressed out employees, it’s nearly as bad a holiday as Christmas (without all the snow globes and Santas, though).
If you’re not feeling the cheer, here are seven places to avoid in Shreveport-Bossier City if you’re planning for a low-key Valentine’s Day:
- Basically every Italian restaurant. It’s a no brainer Olive Garden will be packed, but places like L’Italiano, Chianti and Monjunis are sure to be stuffed with cute couples. Pro tip: Order to go.
- All drug stores. Just don’t even think about going. Every CVS across town will be brimming with last minute gift-givers and you will hate yourself for not buying candy (just wait until the following day when it’s half off).
- Flower shops. Last minute flowers? Just try putting together a bundle yourself. You may find a pre-made arrangement, but chances are everything is gone.
- Movie theaters. While the intention is nice, just remember you’ll probably find yourself sandwiched between high schoolers going on their first date.
- Bakeries. It’s no doubt places like Julie Anne’s Bakery, Buttercups and Lilah’s will be slammed with orders. Just make those cookies yourself.
- Dessert bars. Establishments that cater to chocolate lovers such as Delish and Whisk are prime grounds for lovebirds.
- Places that sell wine. While fancy restaurants top the list as a for sure place to avoid, others such as We Olive & Wine Bar, Vintage Wine & Spirits and Wine Country are all on the list.