Trying to decide where to send your kids for school? St. Joseph Catholic School in Broadmoor has been open since 1951 and provides a religious and academic education that prepares students to become responsible members of their family, church, and community.
Here are 10 reasons your kids (and you) will fall in love with St. Joseph’s today:
- St. Joseph Catholic School offers academic excellence in an environment anchored by faith.
- They offer a challenging curriculum beginning with Pre K-3.
- Tutoring is available after school twice a week led by volunteers from Loyola College Prep.
- They have advanced technology. Smart Boards and iPads are available in every classroom, and a state-of-the-art computer lab is open for all students. Technology class also is available for students in the fifth grade and beyond.
- Graduates of SJS go on to do big things in high school — their alumni were named 2017 valedictorian and salutatorian at Loyola College Prep and 2017 Student of the Year at Captain Shreve, to name a few.
- Middle school offers an advanced math curriculum. Many eighth grade students take Algebra I and move on to Geometry as freshmen in high school.
- Destination Imagination starts in fourth grade. In 2016, their technical team competed in the global finals in Nashville, TN against teams from around the world.
- Middle school students have study hall with peer tutoring offered Monday through Thursday during the school day.
- Students take the ACT Aspire standardized test that provides a snapshot of each students’ strengths and weaknesses. Teachers get specific feedback to help guide instruction for each student.
- Students benefit from smaller class sizes. Teachers can focus on differentiated instruction, technology activities and opportunities for students to showcase knowledge through presentations.
Sponsored by St. Joseph Catholic School.