Welcome to the Devil’s Knot
What goes bump in the night?
A mix between classically spooky and downright eerie, The Devil’s Knot is a nightmarish walk down Shreveport-Bossier City’s newest haunted trail.
The nearly 1-mile walk is located in Haughton off Sligo Road and things are, as owner and operator Lisa Weaver Smith puts it, “not as they should be.”
“This is the first year we’ve actually invited the outside,” she said, who explained that she and her family have been putting this together for years. She gave us an exclusive, behind the scenes look, though we left with even more questions than when we started.
Guests coming to The Devil’s Knot should expect the unexpected. The Smith family has perfected the art of scaring and will have around 60 volunteers dressed to impress. From butchers and dead baby dolls to a hoard of clowns, this haunted trail has something for everyone.
Along the way you’ll find yourself in “The Box,” a truly terrifying attraction Smith says will separate you from your group — but only for a few moments.
“It’s going to be intense,” Smith said.
With three dates open and only word of mouth advertising via social media, the events The Devil’s Knot has created via their Facebook page boast nearly 10K interested in attending.
Here are a few things to remember when heading out to the trail:
- Wear appropriate clothing. This is outside in the woods, so pants and closed toe shoes are a must.
- There are no age limits, but this is scary. You be the judge. There will be a non-fright area set up with food and other vendors.
- Buy your tickets early. The longer you wait, the longer the lines. If you plan to buy on site, come early.
- Flashlights and flash photography are not allowed. While the trail is in the middle of the woods and at nighttime, there will be areas lit by staff.
- No one will touch you. This is a big one. None of the actors on site will touch guests, and that means no guests are to touch those on site.
- Weapons, drugs and alcohol are not allowed. This is a given.
Want to go?
What: The Devil’s Knot
When: Oct. 27, 28
Admission: $10, general admission; $30, VIP (includes premium parking and admittance)
Without giving too much away (and there’s really no way we could), here are few photos from The Devil’s Knot.