Anyone notice the obsession we have with pumpkin? Since August (yes, I have seen the pumpkin obsession start in August) I seem to stumble on more and more ‘pumpkin’ variety products each visit to the grocery store. From the traditional cookies to the odd combinations of ice cream, it is safe to say we are in a relationship with pumpkin.
The pumpkin obsession hits close to home, my husband is obsessed with pumpkin anything and he passed this lovely obsession to our two kids. Honestly, I can live with or without it.
My obsession — coffee and desserts! And while I do like a pumpkin spice latte, I don’t like the 400 calories in this seasonal beverage. My mind wondered on how I could skinny this popular hashtag. What better way than dessert!
My ‘skinny’ PSL tips:
- Reduce calories with losing flavor by using light cream cheese.
- Exchange out 3/4 of sugar in any dip with marshmallow fluff and save 380 calories.
- Exchange butter with pumpkin in dessert recipes
- Serve with gram crackers or apples instead of cookies to save fat and calories
The result? We were all sold on this delicious dip!
Skinny Pumpkin Spice Latte Dip
1 (8 ounce) block of light cream cheese
3/4 cup marshmallow fluff
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1 teaspoon expresso powder
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese with electric mixer for 2 minutes.
- Add marshmallow fluff, powdered sugar, primping puree, expresso powder, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla extract.
- Beat for additional 2 minutes.
- Serve with apples or gram crackers.