Mardi Gras Makeup Inspiration
Inspiration and Tips from Makeup Artist Carol Hines
Photography by Jennifer Robison
Hair by Michelle MclureIt’s time again for parades to roll, beads to be thrown, and for the best part of Mardi Gras season, the grand bal. Every weekend this January and even a few in February are filled with fun and festivities and getting all dressed up for the royal bal that each krewe puts on. It’s usually all about finding the perfect dress, shoes, accessories, but ladies there’s one thing you can’t forget and that’s your makeup.
You want to make sure your fabulous dress is topped off by an even more fabulous lip color or eyeshadow look. It’s not all about purple, gold and green either.
You want your look to be cohesive so here’s a few tips:
- Pick a focus feature. Either a bold eye or a bold lip, not both.
- Coordinate eyeshadow colors with accessories. Gold tones with gold tones and vice versa.
- Think about adding a pop of color under the eye as liner. Or even on the lid so when you blink there’s a little added color on a neutral eye.
- You can even put a little gold on the inner corner of the eye or under as liner to add a little festive touch.
- If you want to go all out for Mardi Gras and don’t want to wear a traditional mask do it with eye shadows. A gilded mask would be a hit at any grand bal.