Farmers Market Quinoa Honey Lime Fruit Salad
Quinoa Honey Lime Fruit Salad is the perfect farmers market recipe.
This delightful side dish offers a flavorful and refreshing take on fruit salad. It’s packed with the protein-rich super grain of quinoa and adds a pop of bold color to your table at mealtime. This fruit salad favorite can thrive with any variation of fruit combinations; I personally prefer blueberries, strawberries, kiwi and pineapple.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cups blueberries
- 1 ½ cups sliced strawberries
- 1 ½ cups pineapple (cut into chunks)
- 1 cup sliced kiwi
1 large lime (juiced)
3 tbsp. Hummer and Son Honey
2 tbsp. fresh mint (chopped finely)
- Add quinoa, water and salt to a medium pan and bring to a boil — let boil for five minutes.
- Turn the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes, or until all the water is absorbed. Remove the pan from the heat and fluff quinoa with a fork. Let cool to room temperature.
- For the dressing mixture: Whisk lime juice, honey and mint together until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine quinoa, blueberries, strawberries, kiwi and pineapple. Pour honey-lime dressing over the fruit salad and mix until well combined. Top with additional mint garnish if desired.
- Refrigerate and serve chilled.
Servings: Six (as a side dish) | Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cooking Time: 20 minutes